Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Shop I Did......



I picked up this cute teapot on clearance, it's a Kitchenaid. Strange that's the one thing I do not have, oh that and a pressure cooker

~ those scare me. My girlfriend Barb is trying to talk me into ordering the one that she bought, it's digital....Seriously, I am so scared of those things. We went to my mother-in-laws for dinner once a longgggg time ago, Billy was just a baby. Anyway, she was making corned beef & cabbage in her OLDDDDDDDD pressure cooker (surprise, she's scared of them too) she had it out in the garage set up on a cabinet ~ Well we were only there for a few minutes and what do you think we heard??????

Yes, a loud explosion...the lid didn't fit correctly, the gasket was all worn (it belonged to her mother?????) and well needless to say we had Pizza & Greek Salad for St. Patty's day that year!

Mr. P was wating up for me so he could show me the new latch for the dishwasher...it will be fixed tomorrow ~ YAHOO!!!

I have a few things to get to before I settle in for the night, so friends....

Until tomorrow, Be Safe & God Bless!

5 comments:

  1. I love the teapot too! I have a pressure cooker... minus the pressure part. Back in the day when I wasn't too smart on cooking, I also blew the lid off and broke the hickey off the lid:) OOPS, so I decided perhaps I would just use it as a pot! Have a blessed day dear Lynda! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not have either...teapot or pressure cooker!! Not so sure I would use the teapot and I am also scared of the pressure cooker! I have heard to many stories!! Have a good day! LYLAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a wonderful day! LOVE that picture of the bridge! Those boats look awful close to it! yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew Mom had a pressure cooker, but I did not know she broke it! I do not have one. I am also scared of them. My Pattycakes has one, though. She likes it. I don't drink much tea, so no teapot at my house! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete