Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Mediterranean Lasagna.....



This is a Weight Watcher recipe and is just so good, it serves 8 and is 5 points per serving & it was "What's for Dinner Tonight" :)

9 no boil lasagna noodles
1 10oz package of frozen spinach thawed and drained
1 15oz container of part skim ricotta cheese
6oz feta cheese (I use reduced fat, but if you can't find it don't worry about it)
1 8oz package of reduced fat mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 26oz can of Hunts Spaghetti sauce, I usually use the Garlic & Cheese flavor
1 egg
pepper, oregano, added to ricotta cheese

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix Ricotta, feta, 4oz of mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, spinach & spices together. Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray, spread a few spoonfuls of sauce on the bottom of pan. Place 3 lasagna noodles on the bottom of the pan, spoon half of the mixture over the noodles and spoon on more sauce. Layer on 3 more noodles, spoon on the rest of the cheese/spinach mixture and some more sauce. Top with the remaining 3 noodles, pour the rest of the sauce evenly over the top & sprinkle on the remaining mozzarella cheese. Cover with foil (careful not to let the foil touch the cheese) and bake for 30 minutes, uncover and bake for another 10 - 15 minutes until cheese is golden brown & bubbly.

So good, this recipe is very easy to double :) ~ I serve it with a nice big salad & some sparkling water ~ YUMMO !!

Let me know if you try it, it's easy which is nice and can be reheated without any trouble!! My kind of dish ;)

Until tomorrow, Be Safe & God bless!

2 comments:

  1. Well it looks delicious!!! And I will have to be trying that!! I will let you know when I do!! You have a good day!! LYLAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, I think I have tried this before! I love spinach:) It looks fattening but I know it isn't... and that is the good part. Hope your Wednesday is a great one dear Lynda! Hugs from Georgia!

    ReplyDelete