Sunday, January 3, 2010

Comfort Food Low-Cal Style.....

Well, if you read my blog last night you know that we had "The Last Supper" ~ and boy was it good!!!! We did play Scrabble and yes I did try to cheat, Mr. P wouldn't let me keep the bag-o-letters near me...he wouldn't let me pick them either ;) he forgot to take them when he ran in the kitchen to grab his cigar cutter.... Z, Q, X all mine!!!


I had to change into my PJ's and robe, I was so cold ~ plus I just love my PJ's & Robe!

We had Cognac & Ginger Snaps with our cigars, I only had a little one, vanilla & brandy flavored...Mr. P smokes those big giant things ~ we call him tony Soprano, LOL!

Well, now let's move on to today.....it's hard to keep "Diet" food interesting so I got a new Weight Watcher cookbook and tried out a few new recipes (I like to cook a few things ahead so that I'm not faced with that when I get in from work)...

Sunday Dinner was....

Old Fashioned Chicken Pot Pie

1 medium onion, chopped
2 cups of mushrooms (I substituted an additional 2 cups of fresh green beans as I DO NOT EAT FUNGUS)
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp Bells Seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups frozen mixed veggies
1 cup chicken broth
3 cups cooked chicken breast
2 tbs flour
1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk, divided
4 reduced-fat crescent rolls, unrolled ( the package makes 8 rolls, I just sealed the other 4 up and will bake them up to go with dinner, over the course of the week)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Coat large pot with non-stick spray, add onions & green beans (or fungus if you are so inclined), and cook until tender. Stir in seasonings; add mixed veggies, broth & chicken. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
In a small cup, combined 1/4 of the milk with the flour, stir it into the chicken mix. Cook until thickened, once it thickens up stir in remaining milk cook for another few minutes.
Spray pie plate with non-stick spray, spoon in chicken/veggie mixture. Unroll crescent rolls and arrange around in side of pie plate to form a boarder (there will be a hole in the middle, that's o.k.)!
Bake until rolls are golden brown and filling is bubbly, about 15 minutes.
Serves 6



It was very good!!!

Oh, did I mention it snowed again today....



I am so ready for the beach...which reminds me, I might have to do a Sunny Day give away ~ Stay tuned for more details!!!

Until tomorrow, Be Safe & God Bless!

3 comments:

  1. You look so darn cute with that cigar!! LOL!!! I am glad you got a few letters!! hehe!! And I will be trying the chicken pot pie...looks DEELICIOUS!!! A sunny day give away...what? I want in on that one!! Have a great evening and stay warm...and we may get snow this week! (if we are lucky!!) LYLAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are cute as a button, Lynda! And the pie sounds and looks delicious... yummy! I will have to try it as Pa and I are "cutting the fat" too:) Enjoy your day and stay warm! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of you is great! Made me smile this morning! Thanks for sharing and you do look comfy cozy in you jamas. Enjoy the snow and stay warm! xoxo

    ReplyDelete