Monday, January 4, 2010

Promotion........



These two faces were keeping a secret from me.....


Billy's Boot Camp going away party...

Yes, that's right Billy was told during his Christmas 96 that he had earned enough points and that he was going to be promoted about 2 months ahead of schedule, the CWO is scheduled to be on leave at about that time and he wanted to be the one to pin Billy's new Corporal Chevrons on! So, Billy being excited told his dad, but asked him not to tell me just in case something happened, it was pushed back or whatever...well, he called again Friday night to tell his dad that it was a go and that he would be calling me up on Sunday night right after being pinned on ~ he read me his Corporal Warrant, not that I can remember what it said because I was crying to much!!! I am so proud of him!

He is going to use his Grandpa's Chevrons and will have them sewn on his dress blues very soon, he also has his Grandpa's Chevrons that are pinned on the Cammie's and that's what CWO pinned on Billy this morning :)! Grandpa was very happy and also very proud, this is Billy & Grandpa Thanksgiving 2007. Just in case you were wondering, Grandpas name is "Billy" too, he's Jr, Mr. P is III, Billy is IV. His great grandpa was Sr. and was retired Navy, he would have been so proud!



Well, that's it for tonight....Nikky and I are going to schedule some type of girls get together so that we can kick the wedding planning into high gear OH BOY!!!!!! SO EXCITING :) :) :) :)...I can't wait to see her in her gown :)

Tomorrow night I'll post up another healthy dinner option ~ Yankee Pot Roast...

And remember stay tuned for a "Sunny Day Give Away"...details coming soon to a blog near you!

Until tomorrow, Be Safe & God Bless!!

4 comments:

  1. Uh Oh... keeping secrets from Mama! Sometimes it is ok, right? Love that Marine! I think it is just precious that he is receiving his Grandfather's Chevrons:) What a sweet picture and a wonderful part of his Grandpa to have with him always! Have a blessed day dear friend! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK...tears...I am one sappy mama!! I love the fact that he is using his Grandpas Cheverons!! That is so special!! Congrats to Billy on the promotion!! Semper Fi! Have a great day and stay warm!! LYLAS!!

    ReplyDelete