Saturday, August 1, 2009

Saturday Evening Post....

Our day started off bright and early this morning, yup, you guessed it...we got our Saturday morning 6:30am wake up call all the way from Okinawa.....Billy calls us every Saturday morning and then again later in the evening or early Sunday morning our time. By that time he's already up laundry done and been to church and back!

Here's a picture of the Proud Papa talking to his Marine this morning.



Have you seen the new Dannon yogurt in the markets, it's only out for the summer time. Watermelon & Cantaloupe, it's so yummy!!!!



The beach was great, we found this nice little spot right behind the rocks, the surf was heavy so the waves were crashing up and over us...we had a very nice afternoon. I didn't want to take my camera out because I was afraid to get it wet. It's one of those fancy schmany ones so, yeah I need to get one that I can throw in my bag and not worry to much about. Needless to say we got quite a bit of sun. Here's me sunburned nose and all as I type my blog.



O.k,. well my hubby is out on the deck having a brandy and smoking a cigar and I want to go out and join him, but before I go here's a great recipe that's so easy to make, we had it with our sea scallops & spaghetti squash tonight!

Zucchini cakes

2.5 cups of shredded zucchini
2 tbs chopped onions
1 egg beaten
1 tbs margarine
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp Old Bay
1 cup bread crumbs

mix together, and form into 6 patties (i use a melon baller and make smaller ones, but you can make them as big or as small as you like, also very easy to dbl this recipe and make a bunch of them)

spray a non stick skillet with Pam and place the cakes in, let them crisp up on both sides and serve.

Cooking up.....



Finished product, YUMMO!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy...will have to try that! My laptop goes to the doctor on Monday...got to have a new hard drive!! I guess that is like a new heart!! I wore this one out!! Have a great day and I truly enjoy your blog!! You do a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete