Tuesday, February 9, 2010

JWTC Camp Gonsalves Okinawa, Japan.....



Jungle Warfare Training Center.....Billy has been selected by his commanding officers to participate in this very intense survival/warfare training!!!! He leaves for Camp Gonsalves on 21 February 2010, he'll be out for a while :(....

He called Mr. P last night at work to tell him all about it, guess what he is most excited about???? Can you guess, they will be given 1 chicken at the start of their mission, live mind you ~ do I need to tell you what they have to do with it YUCK!!!!! Never eating chicken again!!! And, they'll be living in the jungle just trying to survive, not sure how I feel about this but he's SOOOO EXCITED!

We actually watched a documentary about this Camp & two others on the Military Channel last March, they were very interesting and really gave you insight into how these Marines are trained to survive under all circumstances...I don't know if I could do it, it make me so proud to think of him doing this and he;s proud too!

I'll keep you all posted as to how he does, say a prayer PLEASE (for me, I'm gonna' need it, I'll be a wreck LOL)!!

Until tomorrow, Be Safe & God Bless!!

6 comments:

  1. Those Marines... you know they love that kind of thing. My hubby went through some training prior to deployment that was, well, insane, but he loved every minute of it. lol!

    I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know you are so proud that he was chosen! And then I bet you have such mixed feeling about all of it!! But we will get through our Marine Missions together!!! We are gonna be so strong when our boys get home!! Have a great evening!! LYLAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy he was chosen and I am sure it will be excellent training. BUT he has been gone long enough:) I think he needs to get to come home for at least a weekend! We were raised doing that stuff to chickens and they ended up on the dinner table... hope he will enjoy this training and he will enjoy that chicken for sure! Hugs to you dear Lynda. Hope you are keeping warm up there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was happy to see you spelled the name correctly for the camp he his going to. Does he pronounce it correctly? Most marines pronounce it Gonzales but it should be Gonsalves. No z in his name as he was Portuguese, not Spanish. I went through high school with him and was on Okinawa with the 7th Inf. Div during the battle for Okinawa. I didn't know about this camp named after him until I revisited Okinawa in 2005. All of the marines I met pronounced his name incorrectly and even the Star & Stripes have mispelled his name when writting an article about the camp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so proud for him. And I'll pray for him and you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well... the good news if there is ever a question of who you would want to be stranded on an island with... it would be him! Plus he could go on Survivor and easily win! That's good, right? I bet you are proud as can be! I am and I don't even know him! xoxo

    ReplyDelete