Thursday, February 4, 2010

5 Star ***** Book Review For Tracy.....

O.k. Tracy, I promised you some good books to read so here goes!!



This one takes place in Spain after WWII, it's about a boy & his father & mysterious books that they collect! Very good!



Great read, this book takes place during the 1800s in England...murder mystery, very well written, LOVED IT!



An instant favorite, if you love Dickens then this is a MUST READ!!! It's about his life & his relationships with friends and fellow writers of that time & the book that he was writing when he passed away, which was never finished, now I know what you're saying ~ UGHHHHH but wait....it's fiction based on historical facts and it's a murder mystery ~ lengthy but honestly I could not put it down!!!!! I read it in just under one week (of course I was re-cooperating from surgery last year so I had plenty of time to sit, LOL)



I loved this book, it takes in Massachusetts during time of the Salem Witch Trials more so though it's the story about a mothers love for her children...I was crying by the time I got to the end ~ Beautifully written!!







An Irish Country, An Irish Country Village, An Irish Country Christmas ~ to be read in that order.....very delightful, funny ~ laugh-out-loud-FUNNY!!!! Story about a fictitious village in Ireland during the late 50's early 60's and the village folk the older GP, his crazy housekeeper, his nutty black Lab Arthur Guinness (who by the way loves to drink Smithwicks Ale) and the new physician that joins his practice...I loved all three and hope that the author puts out another!!!

I'll be anxious to see if you read any & what you think....please leave me some of your great reads! I'm going to have to get my hiney on a plane one of these days and spend a long weekend with Cindy, you & your momma a.k.a The "Ganksta" we'd have a hoot!

Well dear Tracy enjoy......

Until tomorrow everyone, Be safe & God Bless!

3 comments:

  1. I never can find time to read...always too much to do! I can usually find a good book for me to read on vacation and thats about it!! Have a good day!! LYLAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sweet daughter LOVES to read! I know she will love getting some new books to check out! Hope your day goes good today and doesn't wipe you out! Hugs from ME and take care my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! A post just for me! I feel like it is my Birthday! I have never heard of any of these books, but you are right up my alley with the subjects! I am going to get my "reader" now and download them! Thanks SO MUCH for thinking of me! There is nothing worse than getting a book that does not keep your interest. I truly believe in researching books like vacation spots, mattresses, computers, etc. Not a comparable purchase in dollars, but just as important! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete