Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hot Dogs Here Get Your Hot Dogs Here..........



This is a great little hot dog place near us and well I was thinking about hot dogs all day!!! I know, I know ~ a lot of people don't like or won't eat them...me I just can't help myself I LOVE THEM!!!!

Well this place makes some crazy dogs...The Sinatra, The Yankee, The Freaking Hot Hot God, The RI Grinder Dog....so many I could go on all night and I'd be drooling all over myself, LOL!

I knew that having one of these little babies would be detrimental to my weight loss goals so I improvised, a few years ago we had a houseful over for a Red Sox Yankees playoff game & I made my own version of the Spike Dog, I called mine The Lynda Dog and I continued to make them for Billy & his buddies when they came for football games every Sunday!! These were the Super duper High-Test Dogs...dripping with cheese, chili, bacon crumbles you name it :)

Well tonight I made my Weight Watcher version and let me tell you they were just as good!!! I used the Fat Free Ballpark Franks, Country Kitchen Light Frankfurter Rolls, Turkey Bacon, Reduced Fat Cheese & an all time favorite sauerkraut!!!

I steamed the buns, slathered them in spicy brown mustard, cooked up the dogs, nested them in the buns, smothered them in the sauerkraut, topped with the cheese and bacon and put them under the broiler for a minute or two...when they came out I sprinkled them with celery salt, yup that's how you eat a hot dog in these parts, gotta have the celery salt!!

They were YUMMY, no pictures because I couldn't stop munching to snap a pic!!!

Now I'm a HAPPY GIRL...just needed an ice cold beer and some peanuts, PEANUTS HERE GET YOU PEANUTS HERE!!!

If a hot dog doesn't put a smile on your face I don't know what will (besides new shoes or a yummy new handbag!!)

Until tomorrow, Be Safe & God Bless!

Please keep our Marines and all of our troops in your prayers, Justin, Ryan & Blake...Stay Strong & Be Safe!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Yummy!!! That sounds wonderful!!! I think I will head right over for you to make me one and I will even try the celery salt on it!! haha!! I am glad that you are all happy and giddy over your hotdog so now go and enjoy the rest of your evening!!! LYLAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you are after my own heart for sure. The handbag and shoes ALWAYS put a smile on my face. I only like grilled hot dogs, but honestly, after reading about yours, I'm now craving a hot dog. Celery salt, interesting. I'll give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do turkey or chicken dogs around here at least once a week. Hot dogs were one of the things that my hubby was craving while he was deployed.

    Glad you enjoyed your hot dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE hotdogs! I have sauerkraut, chili, onions but NO celery salt:( I will buy some when I go to the store and I will try it too! Sounds delicious my friend! Hugs from Ga!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynda. I always love hearing about all the neat things you guys eat up there. That hot dog joint is certainly like nothing I have ever seen here. We do have the Varsity. Sounds like you did a great job improvising with the hot dogs to make them fit in your WW diet. I have done WW and have a TON of great recipes if you ever want to see them. Mom and Cindy do too!! WW really works. Good luck with it! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You crack me up! If there is a will... there is a way! That should be your motto. ;D I don't even own celery salt! Sounds so good except not a fan of sauerkraut. My husband would love it! Have a wonderful day... craving free! xoxo

    ReplyDelete