Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Twice Baked Cauliflower.....???

Yup That's What The Lady Said! Have you ever had twice baked potatoes, well now that's a foolish questions WHO HASN'T??! But, let me ask you this, have you ever had twice baked cauliflower?????



IT'S DELICIOUS!!!!!

I usually cook up a few things on a Sunday morning for the week ahead, I work long hours and the last thing I want to do when I get in is stand around in the kitchen & cook, LOL. I can get away with this now that my babies are grown and out on their own & it makes such a difference!

Well, on Sunday I defrosted a small 1.5lb pork loin in Lawry's Steak & Chop Marinade, it's so good. I let it sit for 48 hours and popped it in the oven tonight while I straighted up & folded some laundry. And then I got to thinking what am I going to make to go with this little roast...I know I have a fresh bunch of cauliflower and so that what I did.

We had this dish once when we went out for dinner and I just loved it so I make it every now and again, Twice Baked Cauliflower!

What you'll need...

1 large bunch fresh cauliflower or a bag of frozen
1 - 2 smallish red potatoes
4 ounces of shredded cheese (I use reduced fat)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
2 tbs margarine
1/4 cup milk (you can use a little more depending on the consistency that you want)
salt, pepper (any seasonings you like and would typically add to mashed potatoes)

boil cauliflower and potatoes (skins on)
once cooked to fork tenderness cut it off of the core & toss into your food processor along with the potatoes.

slowly add the milk and margarine and continue to pulse
add the cheeses and pulse a little more

Once everything is whipped together (and remember you can tweak it add what ever you want just remember that the cauliflower is watery so don't add too much liquid), spray a pie plate with non-stick spray and spoon in.

I add some paprika to the top and spray with some "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray to help it brown up a bit.

Pop it in a 365 degree oven for about a 1/2 hour and "WALLA"



Very delicious & so healthy...I will probably sneak in some green beans too, Mr. P loves his green beans :)

And that my dinner for tomorrow night! Serve, heat & eat ~ AND BLOG!!!!

Until tomorrow, have a great night Be Safe & God Bless!

3 comments:

  1. All of that sounds wonderful!!! I will be giving that a try! Have a great day!! LYLAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound delicious! I need a new dish to try...thanks! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy. I saw another good recipe using cauliflower the other day. I'll share it when I try it.

    ReplyDelete