Monday, September 21, 2009

Byers Choice.......



I just love these dolls & I started collecting them oh about eight years ago. They are all hand crafted and no two look exactly alike, they are made in Pennsylvania. Every year they have signings all around the country, they go out to stores, you know those cute little gift shops & antique shops :) serve tea & sign dolls. You can bring a few of your favorites or buy a new one for your collection...whatever it doesn't matter, they will autograph them for you and chit-chat about the dolls & the craftsmanship, & care of your dolls!

We went to one a few years ago & it was great fun, there are a few scheduled in our area in a few weeks I think I'll get Mr. P to take me (he always ends up buying me a new one to add to my collection)!

Here are a few pictures of my mantle (they are from 2006 & my collection has GROWN)....




I just love them...this year I want to do my mantle in lighted evergreens and put my dolls up on risers, I like to get them out Veterans Day weekend, they reside in my curio cabinet all year long where I can look at them and think about when I got them or who gave them to me...that always makes me smile knowing that somebody thought about me enough to get me something that just makes me smile :)

Billy bought this little guy for me last year when he was home on Boot Leave & gave it to his dad to give to me on my birthday which just happens to be the same day as the USMC Brithday, November 10th! That was the day they had come back in from the field during MCT ~ he called us during his Liberty and wished me happy birthday and had his dad give me the doll while we were on the web-cam that Leah set up at Wendy's...I was one hot mess after that!

and he gave me this little cutie on Mother's Day 2008 just before he left for Boot Camp ~ she's "The Little Match Girl", I just love that story & Nikky & Billy loved that story too...he said when he saw her he thought of me :)...

Well, I guess what I went off track a little bit, anyway I'll be getting out to a doll signing or two this fall & I'll show ya what I got!

Until tomorrow, be safe & God Bless!

3 comments:

  1. Those are so neat...and you had me in tears just talking about the way he gave you that for your birthday!! I can't wait to see what you get!! Have a great evening!! LYLAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute little dolls. I've never heard of them and they are beautiful, so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE them, how sweet are those little faces! Thanks for sharing and have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete