Thursday, September 10, 2009

Bragging Rights.....



III Marine Expeditionary Force Air Ground Team

This is the Unit that Billy is attached to, they provide support to the Pacific, the Commanding Officer of the III MEF is Lieutenant General Richard C. Zilmer
Commanding General, III Marine Expeditionary Force; and Commander, Marine Corps Bases Japan
& he is retiring next Friday 18 October 2009, he has been in the Corps since 1974.



Well, my Marine called this morning to tell us that he got to hear him speak this morning and after the speech Billy was introduced to him & well, ohhh I am so PROUD he was hand picked to be in the Retirement Ceremony!!! They start drilling tomorrow morning, it will be just like PI Graduation with a Pass Review & Eyes Right, his buddies will be there to see him, Brian Norris is going to take pictures and will be posting them up on Facebook so we will be able to see all of them...

Oh, I'm so proud of him, he said "gee dad I wish it was a little closer for you & mom because I know you'd both be there to see me", LOL a little closer. What a kid, so I'll be a nervous wreck thinking about him all next Friday but I know he'll do really good ~ he was 3rd Squad Leader and Drilled his little hear out at Parris Island.




Billy in the foreground Final Drill Prep (he is the tall handsome one between the 3rd & 4th Marine)!

So when those pics are up and ready I'll b e sharing them with everyone!!!

Until tomorrow, be safe & God Bless :-)

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! I am so proud to be a long distant (Auntie) Friend!!! I can't wait to see pictures!!! Oh, Lynda I know you are so proud!! Have a great evening!! LYLAS!!!

    ReplyDelete