Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Jet Lag & Other Random Things......



What a crazy few days we have had here!!! We had a house full Monday night, Billy showered and changed and then went over to his friends house. There was another gang waiting on him there. He was back at about 2:30am and was amazed that we were asleep...poor fella is still on "Okinawa" time...I sat up with him and we talked and laughed. We watched the replay of the soccer matches and at about 4:15am he got up changed into his PT gear, went out and ran 5 miles ~ Oy Vey!!! Back home, showered woke up Mr. P at 6:30am and out they went to the range. They shot the bows, walked and talked about things, just had an all around good day!!!

At 11:45am I was informed that it was already 15 minutes past chow-time & what were we doing for lunch...what a kid, what a Marine!! Grilled chicken and salad, how does that sound, well, he gobbled it up SOOOO I guess it was good!!

By 1:30pm or should I say 1350 he had had enough and his plan to stay awake until 2100 was shelved for another day!!! He said he was going up to take a power nap and didn't come back down until 2200 hours ~ Now that's what I call a POWER NAP!!!

I peeped in on him oh about three or four thousand times, just to be sure he was still/REALLY there LOL!!!

We spent the day together today, watched every soccer match together, ran errands, shopped at the mall, movies next week!! There are a few good ones coming out & that has always been our thing, when he was younger we would go on every vacation to see at least 2 or 3 shows!!! We grabbed some salads and home to watch the afternoon soccer matches!

I have more days off planned & I am leaving it up to Billy to plan our time together, he has changed so much, grown & matured! What an amazing young man, he is still witty & funny & has a smile that lights up his whole face & I love him more than he will ever know!!!

We have a party planned for Sunday, so......I need to get busy!!!

More later on!!!

Until tomorrow, Be Safe & God Bless....Please keep praying for our troops, Justin, Justin, Mark, Ryan & Blake you are all in my thoughts and prayers!!! Praying for your safe return!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow you all have been busy. Sounds like loads of fun. I know you are so proud of him and so am I. I loved it that you were looking in on him while he slept. Sweet Mama:). Love you all, enjoy every moment of your time together. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet time you are having with him! Sounds like you are enjoying just the normal things you have missed out on! It is hard to imagine how that must feel. I am so happy for you and your family! Can't wait to see our Marine! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete