Friday, October 22, 2010

Worth Reposting....



Low-Cal Chicken Potpie....

1 medium onion, chopped
2 cups of mushrooms (I substituted an additional 2 cups of fresh green beans as I DO NOT EAT FUNGUS)
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp Bells Seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups frozen mixed veggies
1 cup chicken broth
3 cups cooked chicken breast
2 tbs flour
1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk, divided

4 reduced-fat crescent rolls, unrolled ( the package makes 8 rolls, I just sealed the other 4 up and will bake them up to go with dinner, over the course of the week)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Coat large pot with non-stick spray, add onions & green beans (or fungus if you are so inclined), and cook until tender. Stir in seasonings; add mixed veggies, broth & chicken. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.

In a small cup, combined 1/4 of the milk with the flour, stir it into the chicken mix. Cook until thickened, once it thickens up stir in remaining milk cook for another few minutes.

Spray pie plate with non-stick spray, spoon in chicken/veggie mixture. Unroll crescent rolls and arrange around in side of pie plate to form a boarder (there will be a hole in the middle, that's o.k.)!

Bake until rolls are golden brown and filling is bubbly, about 15 minutes.
Serves 6

I posted this recipe back at the beginning of the year, I made it for dinner this evening and let me tell you it was "STICK TO YOUR RIBS GOOD"!! It was so cold & windy here today & I wanted to make some comfort food & gals it was YUMMY!

Heather if you're reading I'm sure that you could make this Gluten Free with no trouble at all!

My Kitchenaid mixer came in last night ~ YAY!!! I am going to be baking some bread tomorrow a pumpkin bread ~ Thank you Kelly Kelly & a loaf of scrumptious good old fashioned white bread. Mr. P was begging me to bake a loaf of bread so I figured why not! I'll have to cut it in half and freeze it, if not he'll devour the entire thing!

Special prayer requests for "Dark Horse" 3/5 Marines...They have lost 9 Marines in four days & they in the fight of their lives. Please pray for these young men and for the fallen & their families!!!

Until tomorrow, Be Safe & God Bless....

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that sounds delicious on a cool day! We have eaten out too much this week and I'll be cooking the rest of the weekend!

    I am happy you received your mixer! I know you will have that thing whirring!

    I will pray for 3/5! I am so sorry for all of those families:(

    Love you and all of your family! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo HOO!! YOu and I are on the same page girl.
    I got ingredients to make chicken pot pie while Justin is here this weekend. (cept I just use a pie crust). And I am making Pumpkin Cranberry Bread tomorrow! {Makes 2} I will give him a loaf to take back.
    So glad you got your mixer. I see you in my mind doing a happy dance and telling Ms. B why.... :-)
    I AM praying for this battalion. I read about them and called Kurt (who already knew)
    The are in the Sangin area. The British guys that turned over the violent Musa Qala to Justin's battalion moved down there.... and now have turned Sangin over to the 3/5. Brits are now back up at Now Zad where 1/2 was also covering. The 1/2 left it in VERY good shape, and I am concerned how that will hold with these Brit. army guys who can't seem to handle ANY area they are patrolling and overseeing. sigh... I feel so for the Marines in this violent Sangin area and the number of deaths these guys have already experienced in just their first month. Has to be EXTREMELY hard on morale.... God help them... Thanks for the shout out for their guys and highlighting them....They are heroes. SOOOOOOOOO glad Justin is back stateside... Hugs to you MMS!!!!! Just spent half the day going halfway out to Jacksonville to meet Justin who got a ride with a guy going to Tennesee... He is home to get his truck and take it back....WOO HOO!!! He can drive himself now whenever he wants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking of making some pot pie next week, so I may need to try this recipe - gluten free, of course. ;) I had to look up Bell's seasoning as that wasn't one that I was familiar with.

    I'm glad you received your mixer. You're going to have so much fun with it!!

    I'm always praying for our Marines. My heart just aches for the families of the fallen Marines, and for the Marines who fought with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looked yummy. Let me know how your bread turns out. I've never made homemade white bread, but I've got a dough hook on my Kitchen Aid so I should give it a try. I have found this amazing bread at the grocery store bakery that has sunflower seeds in it. So, so good.

    Sure will keep those Marines and their families in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sad about our Marines and am praying for them. On a different note.. I don't think I can make the pot pie low in carbs, can I? Sure looks good! xoxo

    ReplyDelete