Monday, March 21, 2011

Packing Care Packages.....



Billy was able to get another call out yesterday, I was so happy to hear his voice! They have been shadowing the Marines that they will be taking over for so they really aren't in a routine yet. He told me few things that he might be doing and it made my hair curl...time to get on my lazy praying knees. He also told me of something that happened while they were out on the rifle range the day before yesterday, I was shocked I was shaking I just couldn't believe it...they are supposed to be safe while on base...he said "ma, we're never safe out here..."

He asked for a few things and we did the only thing we could do, start packing boxes, he said that they were low on some things and the PX on base didn't have a lot. I asked what he needed and wanted and if any of his buddies needed anything. Razors, envelopes, calling cards for when they were able to call, they will share the minutes...snacks! So that's what we did, I packed it all up tonight, the first shipment will be a big one the next ones will be in the smaller boxes so that we can send out more often so he never runs out!

It's only the beginning of week two and I feel like it's been an eternity, my baby boy (he really is the baby)...last night I couldn't sleep again, surprise! I went into his messy room ans sat on the bed and picked up a bundle of his clothes from his suitcase they smelled like him I just hugged them and cried. Cried until I cried myself to sleep slumped over on his pile of "stuff"...

Ughh, I am tired.

Be back tomorrow, love to all of you! Thank you for the thoughts and prayers...please keep all of our military in your prayers!

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you heard from him and yes "the knees" is where you will feel better:) I love it that those guys share their goodies with their buddies! Hope you get some sleep, I can relate to that struggle! Love you bunches! HUGS! (Praying)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are crying and praying with you! You are never alone!!!! You are such a great mom! God hears a mama's prayers! For sure! Praying, praying, praying! xoxo Call anytime if you need to just talk... I will listen! 360-215-4020

    ReplyDelete