Saturday, November 6, 2010

My Christmas Spirit.....



I found it...

I have a copy of this print hanging next to my fire place along side of this print...



Mary and her babe Jesus to remind me of the sacrifices that a Mother must make & St. Nicholas because of his giving spirit & his love of children...

I have struggled so many times in the past looking for my Christmas Spirit, yesterday I found it...I put on a few CDs one of then being Kathy Mattea, "Good News".

They were on shuffle...singing, dancing, doing my house work...."Nothing But A Child" came on and I just stopped..my children, Nikky & Billy ~ bold, beautiful so amazingly different yet MINE! They are my every breath, I go to sleep thinking about them and wake up thinking about them!

Their lives are so different than they were just a year ago, pardon the interruption...I am crying as I type this!

MY beautiful daughter grew up & got married...she & I used to "dance" to "you and me against the world" by Helen Reddy...I remember her tiny little hands on my face "Mommy, you will live forever, right? You won't ever die & leave me?" she would ask that often...my beautiful little girl! Well, she grew up and got married to a wonderful man...Happily ever after...my Cinderella Girl!

A few songs later, again my Kathy Mattea CD would make me stop and look up into my sons USMC Graduation picture...."Mary did you know?"....last year Billy was not home with us, I know that so many Marines have been lost this year and I mourn every one...Blake you will never be forgotten, we love you...Rest Easy Marine, your job is done...

I know that it is selfish but I am so happy to have Billy here with us this year, to have my family together at Thanksgiving has made me so THANKFUL...

Yesterday after hearing these two songs I knew that I was the luckiest momma on earth...our daughter is so happy & so in love!!! Billy is doing his Marine thing...he will be in the "sandbox" late February early March and my heart aches, but it is so full knowing that he will be home with us & that he is so loved and that he loves his Country, his God & the Corps....

So, that is how I found my Christmas Spirit yesterday...

4 comments:

  1. I have found my Christmas spiri too!! I am so thankful to know that I will be having my family home with me this Christmas and I am just gonn enjoy it for I too know that Justin will be back in the sandbox this time next year and to be honest do you think that we both are gonna be able to handle our boys being over there at the same time!!! OH LORD!!

    Well I am glad you have your Christmas spirit and Lets just make the best of it!! Love you bunches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lady...Bloggy Friend....Military "MARINE SISTER"...rah. Christmas is my favorite season of the year. It represents SOOO many wonderful things. Love your prints. Beautiful.
    Yes...All three of us will have our sons off of homeland soil next year... Can't think about it right now. Still healing up... and so relieved to not think about injuries evey time I hear or see a chopper fly overhead...not have my heart literally in my throat when the dogs all run to the window and start barking madly which usually means someone is in front of the house, and praying to God it wasn't Military personnel....to not think of how MUCH HOTTER those guys were over there, every time I was so stinking hot and thirsty this summer with record temps...to not tear up every single time I saw a flag flapping in the breeze...
    oh my...I still tear up even just thinking of the memory of being a mom waiting...Yes...I will not think about "next time"..now. Let us all enjoy this beautiful and peaceful spirit of Christmas approaching as we celebrate with our guys, and be thankful in our hearts for a Savior who truly has our sons' backs.. and pray hard for those who are away from their families...Hugs to you Lynda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am out of town but read your post on my Iphone! I was in tears, as I have been a good bit lately! Not that anything is wrong but that everything is right! Last Sunday at Church, we sang "I have SO much to thank him for", Cindy looked at me and saw that the tears were about to squirt out of my eyes! She said, "Do you wanna go stand with him"? HIM being Justin and that is what we did! Her on one side and me on the other, just crying and being thankful while he was trying to play his guitar! It is going to be a great Christmas HERE and THERE! I am so thankful for our Freedom and I doggone KNOW who to thank! Love you bunches and here comes a BIG 'OLE GANKY HUG! LOVE you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post really touched my heart. I just want to say I love you, friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete